Friday, April 30, 2010

Let God Do It

Today was an interesting day. Actually, the first week away really is always the hardest, at least for me. On the positive side, I was able to spend most of the day with my quilting ladies. They truly are such a joy to be with. Always fun and full of laughter! We literally quilted from 10am to 10pm (I know, call us crazy, but we love it!).

In that time I still had track practice with the high schoolers, and dinner at the hospitality house. After dinner we always have a time of worship and then someone either gets into The Word or gives a testimony. This week we heard the testimony of a man who went through a hard time looking for peace. There were so many things he wanted, but he continued to rely on himself to find it. What he finally realized was the only way to have true peace was to let God do for him all those things he needed. When he finally let go, God truly shined through.

Every military spouse knows, there is never enough time before your spouse leaves to finish all the things on "the list." In the last two days, my husband and I found out that his car won't pass inspection until a few things are fixed. Generally, this is a pretty simple solution, unless you know nothing about cars! Also, we will need to either sell or junk my car in the coming months because for us it isn't worth paying the insurance on it anymore. By themselves, these are simple problems with easy solutions, but with the stress of a recent deployment and the compounding of issues they begin to seem like bigger problems. Tonight, I realized (and broke into tears because of the revelation) that I have NOTHING to worry about. I just need to let God do it!

Letting go and letting God can be the hardest thing to do, but the freedom we have after is liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment